- Surface works with official Ethernet adapter thanks to Windows RT 8.1 [Update .... or not?]
- Tracing network activity on Windows RT
- AdDuplex data may show proof of Microsoft Surface RT 2 tablet
- Surface RT battery drain issue with Windows RT 8.1 caused by Bluetooth being disabled
- Using picture passwords in Windows RT
- How to Jailbreak Your Windows RT Device and Run Unapproved Desktop Software
- How to unlock (jailbreak) your Windows RT device
- Hacking Windows RT Journal: Part 1
- You can run legacy apps on jailbroken Windows RT and will be able to use a third-party app store (soon)
- You Can Now Run x86 Legacy Windows Apps On Surface / Windows RT
Windows on ARM - Software News
If you have a device running Windows RT, chances are you're missing one or more of your favorite apps. Here are five alternatives that could be worth a download, depending on what you're looking for.
For all its speedy touch-screen goodness, one of the biggest drawbacks of Windows 8 RT is that it doesn't let you install third-party programs through its desktop screen. Unlike the standard version of Windows 8, RT restricts you to first-party programs (made by Microsoft) through its desktop, but gives you free rein to install whatever you want through the Windows Store. The problem is that at this point the Window Store is just too thin to make up for the loss of several popular third-party programs. Fortunately, we did a little research and found a few alternative apps that could help fill the void left by your missing faves.