- Asus VivoTab with Windows RT gets $50 price cut; free keyboard
- Download the First BitTorrent Client for Windows RT and Surface RT
- Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 on Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012
- How to Enable Flash Websites on Windows RT and Surface RT
- How to Create Shutdown and Reboot Tiles on Windows 8’s Start Screen
- How to Easily Add Websites to the Flash Whitelist on Windows RT
- Microsoft, The Web Is No Longer Good Enough; Windows RT Needs Apps And Fast
- Email for Windows RT: Help is on the way
- Windows RT Whitelist Tool Provides Quick, Easy Way to Enable Flash for Certain Sites
- Comprehensive Guide to Microsoft Surface (and Windows RT) with 50+ Tips and Tricks
- Hacking Windows RT Journal: Part 1
- You can run legacy apps on jailbroken Windows RT and will be able to use a third-party app store (soon)
- You Can Now Run x86 Legacy Windows Apps On Surface / Windows RT
- Hack Enables x86 Applications to Run on Windows RT
- Windows RT Jailbreak Tool Still Available, Microsoft Seems to Ignore It
Windows ARM Compatibility
Tami Reller, speaking at the JP Morgan Technology, Media and Telecom Conference, stated that customer satisfaction with the Surface with both RT and Pro is meeting expectations. In addition, the software for the RT has been greatly improved since the fall release which has helped to improve the perception of the platform.
Computerworld - Nvidia will continue manufacturing Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said Wednesday.
Chris Mills - So you’ve got a Windows RT tablet of some description cos hey, they’re cheap, and pretty handy for a lot of things. But there’s a few things missing from Windows RT — namely the ability to run even basic x86 programs, or Flash on non-whitelisted websites. We’re here to change that, showing you how to run full Windows programs on Windows RT, among other things.
SAN FRANCISCO: CHIP DESIGNER ARM believes that OpenGL ES will continue as the predominant graphics API on mobile devices.
NVIDIA's Tegra 3 processor is running inside Microsoft's Surface RT tablet but so far, sales of the Surface and other Windows RT devices have been disappointing. Today, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang told financial analysts today, "We expected to have sold more than we did."
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
One of the things Windows RT users have found most frustrating is the inability to run traditional desktop apps on their shiny new(ish) device. Although it was never any secret that this would be the case, it's still something that many people were hoping would cease to be an issue thanks to the development community.
You can run legacy apps on jailbroken Windows RT and will be able to use a third-party app store (soon)
Starting out as a rookie among veterans, in a matter of months Windows RT has transformed into an exciting and intriguing alternative to established tablet operating systems. The trigger for the frankly unexpected makeover is the jailbreak which allows enthusiasts to run unsigned apps on their Windows RT-based devices -- there's even an automated toolwhich makes modding a breeze. If you think that is not good enough and you still need or want your old apps, a developer has released a tool that allows legacy programs to run on Windows RT.
A Windows RT jailbreak solution is already available for those who want to run unsigned apps on their tablet, but here's one utility that does a lot more than that. Basically, the new app released by XDA developer mamaich enables users to run full x86 Windows applications on RT tablets, without the need to recompile the code or to make any modification.
Since tablets these days are amazingly powerful little devices, many people are starting to wonder if they can replace a regular laptop completely. Especially now that there are some great Windows 8 and Windows RTtablets available, the prospect of working entirely from a tablet is indeed looking more likely.