The Head of Nokia France was quoted in a French newspaper yesterday saying that Nokia is planning to launch a Windows 8 tablet in June 2012. Since the x86 version of Windows 8 is supposed to be launched in mid-2012 (around the same time as the Nokia tablet), it raises a couple of questions:
1. If the Nokia tablet will sport an ARM processor (which is very likely), does it mean that the ARM version of Windows 8 will also see a mid-2012 launch? Why this doesn't seem likely is that the Developer Preview of the ARM version of Windows 8 has not yet seen the light of day while the x86 version has already been out for over two months. This brings me to the next question.
- Read more
- PC World India
- Nokia exec Windows 8 tablet due in June - CNET News
- Nokia's Windows tablet to take on Apple's iPad - guardian.co.uk
- Nokia planning Windows 8 powered tablet debut in mid-2012 - ZDNet
- Report: Nokia to Offer Windows 8 Tablet in June, Executive Says - PCWorld Business Center